Work-up of Lymphoma case
1. Blood work up includes:
- Total leucocytes (TLC).
- Differential leucocyte count (DLC).
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)
- Platelet count.
2 Bipedal lymphangiogram. This is done for iliac and para aortic lymph nodes.
3. Staging laparotomy : Laparoscopy can be done for splenectomy, liver biopsy, abdominal lymph nodes and bone marrow biopsy.
4.Clinical Examination : Do careful examination of lymph node, spleen, liver and etc.
5. Biochemical tests are needed are Liver function test (LFT) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH).
6. Ultrasonography , CT scan and MRI are advised for further work up.
7. Advised liver and spleen scan.
25% positive in nonpalpable spleen by the pathologist.
50% negative in palpable spleen by the pathologist.
9 to 29% may show in the form of aggregates or diffuse infiltrate.