Visit to Rocky mountains Colorado
- We left Verona Wisconsin on Friday 30 August 2013 at 6.30 pm for the travel to Rocky mountain national park Colorado.
- our first stop was Omaha NE after more than 6 hours drive.Omaha was nice place and lot of hotels and restaurants are available over there.Climate was Ok , not too cold or hot.
I will recommend Omaha as a stop because the hotels are cheaper than other places.Also one can cover the distance to reach Denver after another 7 to 8 hours of drive.
- We had night stay in Omaha and next day after breakfast we left for Denver,
This was long travelling to reach Denver.This is also reasonable to get very good hotels and variety of foods.We went to Jerusalem mediterranean restaurant.Basically they were serving arabic food, no doubt the the food was of nice taste and we really enjoyed.Then we went to Doubletree hotel and had night stay.This was also very good hotel and affordable price of $80 per night..
- We gained one hour in Denver and this is nice city with good weather and was slightly more colder.Its downtown is ok and one can see in just half an hour.
- Next day after breakfast we left Denver at 10 am and we directly went to Garden of God.
This is just 30 minutes drive and on our way the route was scenic, more mountains and green. We saw Red Rock on way to Colorado springfield, which was because of the presence one of sharp rock.
- Garden of God is just 50 min drive from Denver.Garden of God is nice place to see various shapes of red rocks.This is best place for hikers .You can enjoy thoroughly this place and need 2 to 3 hours.
- Then we went to Cave of winds. Which is hardly 20 minutes from this place. They offer two guided tours one is 45 minutes and ticket is $18 . Other is 90 minutes and ticket is 90 minutes.This cave looks to be inactive as compare to Cave of Mounds in Wisconsin, which is active cave and more beautiful crystals formation.
- We stayed in El Colorado historic lodges.These were built is 1928 and these are the oldest of all lodges in this town.
- Next day we left for Arches national park Utah.We followed the 50 west the most scenic route, I think people have no idea about this road.I will suggest if some one is going to Utah , they should follow this scenic route.Rout 50 west most scenic road and there is Summit pass 11500 feet high.
- On our way we crossed the Trimarchi valley Gunnison. This is considered as Valley last town on earth.
- From Montrose CO then we reached delta.From there we crossed Grand junction largest city of west Colorado, also called as river city and it has population of 58000.This is called Grand junction because of Two river meet here.
- From grand junction we went to 1-70 towards. UT.We reached Moab at 9 pm and had dinner then went to our lodge.
- This was to our surprise because this was condo and beautifully decorated. We paid $445 for two nights for four people . I will recommend everyone to stay there .
- In the morning when I got up and saw from the window I was surprised to see mountains.Now We went to Arches national park and had adventure of to see double arch which was 1.5 mile and it was so tough that we never thought of that. To us it took 3.20 hours after taking so many breaks.I will not suggest to people who are having no good stamina.This is really one of the tough hike.In septembet the temperatute was around 99 F.After finishing we were dead tired and came to guest house.This condo was mahanged by the moab lodging and property management, this is situated on 690 S main Moab UT 84532 phone 800-505-5343.
- Next day we again traveled from Moab and reached mount Evans.This was very green beautiful scenic views route to the top.But there were very few people going to top as compared to Pike peaks.Last 11 miles were very steep climb.This is more green due to forest on the way.Mount Evans road start from Idaho springs.
- From the mountain Evans we went to hotel (Best western plus) in Longmont CO and had nice sleep.
- We had breakfast and left for Colorado Rocky Mountain .
- We crossed the scenic Rocky Mountain national park and reached grand lake city after roughly 2 hours drive.Grand lake city is nice beautiful town present on the great lake.This is tourist town.This is famous for snow mobile.
- We stayed in Grand lake lodge with a beautiful view of the lake. The temp here was 60 F and quite cold.We again crossed the Rocky Mountain park entered Estes park this was beautiful city.
- Now we started for to drive to back to Madison WI.After 8 hours of drive we reached Kearney, Nebraska..This state has flat land and more of agriculture.
- Next day we left hotel in Nebraska at 11 am . This is our last stretch to reach home This was almost 9 hours drive.