Shifa International Hospital Islamabad Pakistan Looks Like Police Station
February 5, 2020BlogFitness health
I am sorry to say about the Shifa international hospital Islamabad is just like the police station. I never thought that they have so poor standards of patient look after.
My Own story
- I got the appointment for my wife and I was asked to come at 2.3 p.m.I was told that Dr.Najam Shah will see the patient.
- On day of appointment I rushed and reached there at 2.00 p.m.I just talked to the receptionist and was advised to get the registration as a new patient.
- I went to cash counter and there was long queue and only one person was looking after. I was supposed to wait for my turn came. The receptionist asked the previous registration ,when I told I am new patient. Then he asked me to go to other place and get registration form ,fill and again come in the line.
- So I went , filled the form and again in the line.
- Anyhow I was successful after paying RS 350 registration and RS 1400 for doctor visit.
- No again we went in the waiting hall that was stinking and hot without any air-conditioner.I can not imagine how those poor people after paying heavy fees and sitting just like train station. But I will say train stations are better because you can at least get fresh air.
- After waiting another one hour when I asked why we are not called when we have been given appointment at 2.30.
- We were told that Dr.Najam shah sahib gone for lunch.
- Anyhow at 3.40 he started to see patients. Now it was interesting that his assistant nurse was showing her own patient without any appointment or you can say this is our culture to oblige our own people.
- Now my patience was gone and I asked what is going on. Her assistant said if you can not wait then you can get back your money.
- I think this was height of the disgrace and went to Doctor office and I asked that we had appointments at 2.30 and now it was 4 p.m.
- He replied that you do not know you may have to wait for 5 hours and it is written outside.
- I went and asked the cashier where it is written that we have to wait for 5 hours. He replied sir there is no such order.
The Shifa International hospital Islamabad was given the facility of land by the government of Pakistan to set up state of art facility.
My question is that is this state of art facility
- Where there is no better sitting facility for patient.
- The space was not enough for the patient.
- This room was hot and humid and that is best source of spreading the infection to other people.
- Why they do not observe the appointment timings.
- Why their staff is just like illiterate people and rude to patients.
- Why they can not have courteous staff.
My request is to the administration to improve patient facility and appointment timing should be observed