Nutrients In Diet Essential for Health.
- There are two types of vitamin A:
- Carotenoids, like beta-carotene.
- Beta-carotene is a carotenoid found in “
- Yellow foods like sweet potatoes, carrots, and winter squash.
- Spinach and broccoli.
- Vitamin A is important for the :
- Healthy vision.
- Good immunity.
- Tissue growth.
- Vitamin D is important in :
- The development of healthy bones.
- Nerve fibers.
- And Strong immune system.
Our bodies can make Vit.D by exposure to sunlight.
- Food supplements are :
- Fatty fish e.g. salmon .
- Egg yolks,
- Some brands of orange juice.
- Many cereals are fortified with vitamin D.
(Source modified form webMD)