Mycobacterium Tuberculosis:- Part 7 – Tuberculosis Test by ICT (Immunochromatography technique)
Tuberculosis Test by ICT
Sample for Tuberculosis Test by ICT
- This is done in the serum of the patient.
Indication for Tuberculosis Test by ICT
- For the diagnosis of Tuberculosis.
- This is a serological method.
The principle of the method of Tuberculosis Test by ICT
- The ICT Tuberculosis test is an in vitro immunodiagnostic tool for detecting antibodies to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in serum, plasma, and other body fluids.
- The test utilizes 5 highly purified antigens, which are secreted by Mycobacterium tuberculosis during an active infection.
Procedure for Tuberculosis Test by ICT:
- When 30 µl of serum or plasma is added to the blue pad strip.
- Now the antibody will bind to these antigen lines.
- If human IgG against TB is present. Upon closure of the test card, anti-human IgG labeled with ‘colloidal gold’ particles will diffuse and binds to the bound human IgG antibodies producing one or more PINK lines.
- In the negative case, there will be no pink line.
- Also, run the control.
- Negative = In nontuberculous patients, there will be no Pink line.