Multiple Sclerosis (MS), How to fight with MS And Food in MS
February 5, 2020BlogMental health
- Finding the right medication is only part of treating multiple sclerosis.
- Proper diet and exercise are also key components to living well with MS.
- Please focus on your overall health particularly diet and exercise.
- With active exercise and adequate diet only you can achieve your goals with healthier, more active living.
- You can start Exercise with Yoga as well.
- This MS Diet introduces you to the good nutrition habits and recipes that help give you the strength you need in your fight against MS.
Avoid Foods with MS
- Meat , including processed meat, salami, sausages, canned meat.
- Can take egg white but not the whole egg.
- Dairy products avoid :
- Cream,and butter.
- Ice cream.
- Low fat milk and yoghurt.
- Any kind of biscuits, pastries, cakes, muffins, doughnuts.
- Cow’s milk and dairy products are best avoided altogether as the protein is likely to be as much of a problem as the saturated fat, given recent evidence.
- Soy products or rice or oat milk are good substitutes.
- Snacks like chips, corn chips, party foods
- Margarine, shortening, chocolate, coconut and palm oil.
- Fied and deep fried foods except those fried without oil or with just a dash of olive oil.
- It is important not to heat oils if possible., and if you want to use just a little extra virgin olive oil, the most stable of the oils, it is a good idea to put a little water in with it when frying to keep its temperature down.
- Things like fish and chips deep fried in, soy, sunflower oil, are bad, in that the oil changes its chemical structure when heated in this way, and tends to be left in the vat for days, with all sorts of unpredictable chemical changes happening to the fats.
(modified from Overcoming from MS)