Mediterranean foods and its benefits
The Mediterranean foods are delicious and full of nutrients.
It is easy to find this food in the grocery stores.
These foods have nutrients and antioxidants which leads to longevity and good health.
- For example, broccoli one cup has only 30 calories and it will fill your tummy and relieve you of the hunger. It means you will have a ton of hunger-curbing fibers and polyphenols which is an antioxidant and it will detoxify the cell-damaging chemicals in the body.
- Olive oil: When you use olive oil instead of other oils, a Spanish study found that Mediterranean foods cooked in virgin olive oil decrease the incidence of cardiovascular diseases even in the case of family history.
- Quinoa is the popular whole grain because it contains a good amount of proteins. Other whole grains like barley and brown rice help in losing the weight because of the few calories.
- Blueberries are considered super food because they take part in fighting everything from cancer to lowering the cholesterol.
- Dry fruits like nuts studies show that eating a handful several times a week can prevent the heart diseases. Almonds contain lots of monounsaturated fats and fibers. Replace peanut butter with almond butter.
- Fish like salmon is a good source of lean proteins. Eating fish at least twice a week provides a good dose of omega-3 fatty acid. This will lower the risk of heart disease. Omega-3 fights by reducing the inflammation and slowing the rate of atherosclerosis plaque formation.
- Beans the more you eat the more you will lose the weight. Other beans like black, kidney, white, and garbanzo beans, all of these provide fiber and protein. These will fill you up and provide muscle-building without any addition of fats.
- Eggs eating at breakfast will give good proteins and avoid hunger throughout the day. Eggs are full of Choline which prevents the memory loss. Choline helps to block the absorption of fats by the liver.
- Spinach is a good source of iron. Sweden researcher found that in the spinach there are nutrients which will increase the efficiency of mitochondria, these are the source of energy in the cell.
- Walnuts are full of tryptophan, an amino acid which is needed for the serotonin formation (this is mode elevator). Other researchers say that these will give mood stability and help to tolerate the stress.
- Asparagus is the best source of vegetable for folic acid and vitamin B, and these are needed for the mental alertness. Folates are needed for the synthesis of neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. Dr.David Mischoulon says that all of these are crucial for the mood.
Source = By Jacqueline Howard CNN
Updated September 6, 2018.