How to Read Nutrition Facts of the Foods
Most of the food packets have a nutrition label. Usually, these are on the right side of the containers. Serving size is given at the top.
It gives information like:
- It provides information about the calories.
- It provides information about the nutrients.
- It shows % daily value. The % daily value helps you with a healthy diet.
Recommendations of the food are:
- Your goal should be a low % daily intake of fats, saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium for a healthy life.
- When you read the label carefully, then you can avoid these substances.
- It would help if you had carbohydrates, dietary fibers, vitamins, and minerals at a high % daily value for a healthy life.
The above two examples can guide you to control your weight and have a good healthy life.
This will help diabetic patients they can avoid high sugar foods. Also, check for the added sugar. If there is high sugar in the food, then avoid that diet.