How to Read Nutrition Facts of the Foods
Most of the food packets have a nutrition label. Usually, these are on the right side of the containers. The serving size is given at the top.
It gives information like:
- It provides information about the calories.
- It provides information about the nutrients.
- It shows the % daily value. The % daily value helps you with a healthy diet.
Recommendations for the food are:
- Your goal should be a low % daily intake of fats, saturated fats, cholesterol, and sodium for a healthy life.
- When you read the label carefully, then you can avoid these substances.
- It would help if you had carbohydrates, dietary fibers, vitamins, and minerals at a high % daily value for a healthy life.
The above two examples can guide you to control your weight and have a good healthy life.
This will help diabetic patients they can avoid high-sugar foods. Also, check for added sugar. If there is high sugar in the food, then avoid that diet.