How to lose weight without Dieting
- Dietitian advice If someone is overweight or obese, then losing weight can reduce their insulin resistance and help them improve their blood glucose levels.
What’s the best way to lose weight
- The best diet plan includes three things:
- Making healthy food choices
- Eating regularly throughout the day to nourish your body
- Exercise to keep moving your body more.
- Healthy food choices will reduce your caloric intake..
- Eat regularly + Exercise = Help your body to burn calories.
- The goal is to take in fewer calories than you need, so that your body uses the extra fat on your body for energy.
- Ways to reduce calories
- Eat smaller servings.
- Reduce the amounts of high-fat foods like :
- Fried foods.
- Whole milk.
- Eat more :
- At least five servings of these things per day.
- When you dish up your meal, fill half your plate with :
- Non-starchy vegetables (like tossed salad, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and cabbage)
- Twice a day, eat a food rich in protein :
- Choose snacks that have no more than 100 to 150 calories.
- Drink water more frequently.
- Beverages that has zero calorie.
- Fruit juice only one cup a day.
- Eat when you are physically hungry, and only eat at those times.
- Stop eating and get up from the table when you are satisfied.
- Leave the table before you feel full.
- Chew every bite well, so that you’ll have to eat your food more slowly.
How to use more calories
- Eat at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Eat breakfast within an hour of getting up.
- Eat something in the middle of the day.
- Eat something in the evening.
- Do more structured exercise
- Do exercise at least five to seven times per week.
- Do exercise at least walking or biking for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Find ways to increase the amount of calories use during the activities of daily living e.g.
- Take the stairs more often.
- Park far off car away from the place you are going.
- Walk faster.
- Five-minute walking breaks at work.
- Remember losing weight is not about following some new, special diet; it’s about balance, variety, and moderation.
- By following above tips you may be able to lose weight or at least can control the weight increase.
(Modified from Emily Loghmani, MS, RD, LDN, CDE)