How to get rid of trapped gas in GIT
February 5, 2020BlogPreventive health
(Source Medical news today)
There are ways to get rid of the gas pain in the abdomen.
- The best way is to let it out.
- Sometimes bowel movement, passing the stool may relieve the pain.
- Eating slowly will help and there will be less gas formation.
- Chew the food 30 times to slow down your speed.
- Avoid chewing gum because you will swallow gas.
- Sweetener also causes bloating and gas.
- Don’t use straw because more gas goes in, Better to sip water or drinks.
- Stop smoking. This allows air to enter the GI system.
- Avoid foods which may cause bloating and gas like:
- Artificial sweetener.
- Vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Dairy products.
- Fiber drinks and supplements.
- Fried foods.
- High-fat foods.
- Garlic and onions.
- Spicy foods.
- Prunes and prune juice.
- Do not take carbonated drinks.
- Drink tea particularly green tea or herbal tea ( anise, chamomile, ginger, and peppermint) may help in digestion.
- Taking fennel helps for the trapped gas.
- Peppermint supplement of its tea relieves bloating and gas formation.
- Avoid during pregnancy due to conflicting reports.
- Clove oil is used to relieve the bloating, gas and indigestion.
- A hot water bottle may relieve the gas and the pain abdomen.
- Vinegar, one teaspoon in the glass of water relieves the gas and the pain.
- Use activated charcoal which is a natural product. It prevents the trapped gas.
- Probiotics supplement add beneficial bacteria to the intestine.
- The best way is the exercise. Yoga is the best, after the meal may be beneficial.
- Over the counter, remedies may be helpful like Mylanta, Gas-X, and gaviscon.