How Much you should Eat Fats, Carbohydrtaes, and Protein each Day
You need the right balance of the fats, proteins, and carbohydrates each day to have a healthy life.
It is recommended that you need:
- Carbohydrates: At least 55% of the calories should come from carbohydrates.
- Fats: At least 30% of the body’s calories should come from fats. Most of these should be from unsaturated fats instead of saturated fats. Saturated fats should be replaced by unsaturated fats and try to avoid saturated fats in the food.
- Proteins: At least 12 to 15% of the body’s calories should come from the proteins.
The daily diet recommendations are:
- Fats, oils, and sweets: Try to avoid. These should be taken in a very small amount.
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese: Can take 2 to 3 servings. It consists of:
- One cup of milk.
- 1.5 ounce of natural cheese.
- 2 ounces of processed cheese.
- Vegetables: Can take 3 to 5 servings. One serving consists of:
- One cup of raw vegetables, like lettuce or spinach.
- 1/2 cup of all other vegetables cooked or chopped raw.
- 3/4 cup of vegetable juice.
- Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts: Can take 2 to 3 servings. One serving consists of:
- 5 to 7 ounces of cooked lean meat, poultry, or fish per day.
- Fruits: Can take 2 to 4 servings. One serving consists of:
- One whole fruit like an apple or one banana.
- 1/2 chopped, cooked or canned fruits.
- 3/4 cup of fruit juice.
- Bread, cereals, rice, and pasta, etc: can take 6 to 11 servings. one serving consists of:
- One slice of bread.
- 1/2 cup of cooked cereals, rice, or pasta.
- One ounce of ready to eat breakfast cereals.
Above the range of the servings are given for each individual. The right number of servings depends upon your age, sex, and physical activities.
Recommendations are to have the lowest numbers of each above group servings. Most of the female teenagers need servings in the middle range. While male teenagers need the highest number of servings.