Hepatitis B and C virus
In Pakistan spread of Hepatitis B and C virus are alarming. Our population needs education to stop the spread and epidemic of these viral infections. I recommend a few precautions.
- Ask your barber to use new dispoable blade. Avoid the razor which is used for all the customers.
- For dental treatments instruct your doctor to use autoclave instruments. Ask him or her to use new needle for local injection.
- Always use new disposable syringes for injections.
- Add screening of Hepatitis B virus in pregnant mothers to avoid spreading the infection to new born.
- In villages we should stop the quakes to use one syringe for number of patients.
- We should encourage vaccination of Heptitis B virus.