Diabetes And Excercise
February 5, 2020BlogPreventive health
There is great role of excecise to control the diabetes.
- Excercise increase the utilization of glocose by the muscles.Some of the excercises are :
- Excercise to strengthen the muscles.
- If you have diabetes, excercise control your blood sugar.
- You’ll also burn more calories around the clock when you take up strength training.
- Excercise improve your mood, lower cholesterol levels, and also lower blood pressure..
- How to and when to start excercise
- You can start safely the excercise.
- You should aim for strength training at least twice a week and regular cardio.
- You can do five days a week for 30 minutes,
- OR three days for 50 minutes.
- Always exercise with caution.
- Flexibility work can be helpful,
- Training programm of muscle strengthening excercise.
- Learn 10 excercises which you can do at home.
- These excercises will work your major muscle groups.
- For each one, begin with one set of 10-15 reps.
- Rest 30-120 seconds before the next move.
- Start with resistance bands or light dumbbells.
- When you can do two or three sets easily, grab heavier weights.
- You should eventually use weights that you can only lift 8-10 times in the first set.
- Upper Body: Standing Biceps muscles.
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your palms facing your thighs.
- Squeeze your biceps as you lift the weights.
- On the way up, your forearm should rotate so your palms end up facing your shoulders at the top.
- Lower the weights slowly to starting position.
- Try to avoid using momentum on the way down.Go down slowly.
- Excercise of triceps muscles
- Stand with one foot slightly in front of the other, and hold a single dumbbell with both hands wrapped around the handle.
- Slowly raise the dumbbell overhead.
- Straighten your elbows as you raise the weight toward the ceiling.
- Slowly bend your elbows and lower the weight behind your head.
- Keep your upper arms still and vertical to the floor.
- Keep your shoulder blades down and back as you repeat.
- Excercise of shoulders
- Do the shoulder press while sitting or standing.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and raise them until they are level with your ears.
- Your elbows should be bent at a 90-degree angle.
- This is your starting position.
- Now push the weights up, until your arms are fully extended.
- Now slowly lower to the starting position.
Dr.Riaz Bhutta (Modified from webMD)