Benefits of Cantaloupe
Cantaloupe provides essential nutrients to our bodies. This is the source of antioxidants.
Cantaloupe in urdu is called Gharma.
Contents of Cantaloupe:
- 825 mg of potassium. It is 24% of the daily value.
- It gives more potassium than eating one banana.
- Cantaloupe increases potassium, and our body loses more sodium. An increase in sodium can lead to hypertension.
- Folic acid.
- Vitamin K.
- One cup of cantaloupe slices contains zero fat, 55 calories, and 13 grams of carbohydrates.
- One thin slice of cantaloupe = zero fat + 10 calories + 2 grams of carbohydrates.
Benefits of the cantaloupe:
- Cantaloupe provides vitamin C, which is one of the antioxidants.
- Cantaloupe includes beta-carotene, which is another antioxidant.
- The above two antioxidants prevent cancer, heart diseases, and age-related diseases like cataracts.
- Antioxidants vitamin C and beta-carotene neutralize the free radicles.
- Free radicles damage molecules,
- Cantaloupe is an excellent source of potassium and will help to lower blood pressure.
- Potassium helps to lower the chances of atherosclerosis by lowering LDL (Bad-cholesterol).
- Cantaloupe hep to lower the cholesterol.
- Cantaloupe keeps the blood running smoothly in the arteries.
- By above help prevents heart attacks and stroke.
- By increasing the potassium, sodium level decreases which will help control the blood pressure.
How to eat the cantaloupe:
The best way to avail vitamin C is to eat fresh-cut cantaloupe. Because if you leave cantaloupe after cutting, then vitamin C will be lost by oxidation. So eat the cantaloupe once you have cut it into pieces. Please don’t leave it for later on.