ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) rate is increasing in the american children
ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is defined as the problem with the presence of:
- Not able to focus.
- They are overactive.
- They are not able to control behavior.
ADHD begins in the children and continue into the adult years.
ADHD is diagnosed more in the boys than in girls.
ADHD exact cause not known but this may due to:
- Gene abnormality.
- There may be factors at home.
- Or there may be social factors.
- It is found that the brain of the ADHD children is different than the other children without ADHD.
- Brain chemicals may be different.
The number of ADHD cases in the children has risen dramatically in the last two decades, going from 6 to 10%.
Research has discovered a host factors that could increase ADHD like:
- Preterm birth.
- Low birth weight.
- History smoking by the mother.
- History of drug abuse during pregnancy.
Source = 1.By Dennis Thompson (Health day reporter).
3. Medline plus.