Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
Sample for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)
- This test is done on the serum of the patient.
- How to get good serum: Take 3 to 5 ml of blood in a disposable syringe or a vacutainer. Keep the syringe for 15 to 30 minutes at 37 °C and then centrifuge for 2 to 4 minutes to get the clear serum.
Indication for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Screening:
- For screening of the population.
- For screening of the blood donor.
The significance of anti-HBs screening:
- Anti-HBS level gives the person’s immune status when positive tells that the person has immunity to HBV infection.
- This test is suitable for screening the donors and the person’s vaccination.